TOP 5 POINTS OF WHY YOU SHOULD USE BEDSSI :
- We offer you something priceless: your peace of mind.
- when you are far away you don't really know whats good and what isn't. WE DO.
- We help you avoid scams
- We know how to identify illegal providers
- You are coming to live in some of the most expensive cities in the world (especially Sydney and Melbourne). Don't think of us as a costly service. Think of us as your best option in an already expensive city where we want you to have the best experiences while you're here.
MOST COMMON MISTAKES MADE BY STUDENTS:
- Lack of knowledge - not understanding your rights & responsibilities.
Not knowing all the steps and documents needed when renting a room.
- Lack of planning - Renting an empty place (because rent is cheaper) and not being aware that utility services (gas, electricity, internet) will need to be connected and paid for regularly.
Also unaware that thousands of dollars need to be spent in order to furnish an apartment (you'll need to buy fridge, laundry machine, tv, bed, sofa, dining table, kitchen ware, etc..). In many cases a place that has everything included is cheaper in the long term (especially if you are only coming to Australia for only 1-3 semesters).
- Lack of groundwork - Renting a room that is very far away (+45 mins) because it is a few dollars cheaper and not understanding that, when adding public transport to the weekly expenses (around $30-$40 per week), the total amount will be more expensive.
- Lack of flexibility - Letting good rooms pass because they are not 100% of what you want. Unless you have $450+ weekly budget per person, it will be unlikely the room will have all the things you want. The smaller the budget the more flexible you will need to be. Be aware of this.
- Lack of vision - Not having a clear goal of what you want to achieve. It is uncommon to have everything fit perfectly and exactly how you want it. In the majority of the cases you will have to surrender and forgo certain things in order to achieve your goals. Sometimes it is moving a bit further away, sometimes it is having to share the bathroom. Some other times it is having to share the room with someone else.
- Lack of awareness - Thinking that Australia is as expensive as your home country and not realising that Australian cities are among the most expensive in the world (especially Sydney and Melbourne). Check how housing costs in your home city compare to the Aussie city you are coming too.
- Having the wrong expectations - Be prepared to have a change of life. Be aware that you will not be with your family anymore, that you will arrive to a new city, new country, new culture, and in many occasions new language and new food! Be prepared to be challenged!
BEDSSI KNOWS STUDENTS:
- We were all students. We were also International students. We understand your needs.
- We have specific experience. We know what students are looking for.
- We have more than 50 years of combined experience helping students realise their study dreams.
- We have literally talked and coached thousands of students from all over the world (Europe, The Americas, Asia, Middle East).
- We have also helped LOTS of students to successfully travel overseas to start their new study life.
- We know how important it is to get your room right. This is why our main aim is to make it easy and quick for you.
- We work closely with education institutions. CHECK WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE!
Booking a BED with BEDSSI is quick!
Off campus and On Campus Rooms in Australia Made Easy.
1. FIND YOUR IDEAL ROOM
Simply complete the FIND ME A ROOM form.
The system will match your enquiry with rooms listed in the system.
Potential hosts will check your profile and will "reject" or "pre-approve" your booking.
You will be able to check the room listing, review the host profile. You will be able to make an informed decision.
We will also give you options that are not listed in our system.
IF for some (unlikely) reason your don't like our initial room solutions, we also offer a personalised service at an extra cost. Contact us to find out more
2. CONTACT YOUR HOST & BOOK YOUR ROOM
Once you've found the room you like, contact your host and ask all the questions you want.
We strongly suggest you book the BED room as soon as you find it.
They tend to become unavailable quickly! Remember that your room will only be reserved and confirmed after payment has been done.
For your peace of mind and to avoid any issues or scams:
- DO NOT Contact your host outside our system.
- DO NOT pay outside our system. We accept all major credit cards or PayPal.
3. GET READY
Once your booking has been confirmed your payment will be processed.
The booking will be saved in “MY TRIPS" section of your dashboard.
We will also send you an email thanking you for using BEDSSI plus your receipt and the BED details.
4. CHECK IN & ENJOY
Now all you have to do is get ready for your trip!
We suggest you contact the BED Owner (your host) to arrange details such as arrival time, key delivery, etc.
We will also send you an email a few days before the check-in date so that you don't have to worry about anything.
Make sure you enjoy the place, the city and your stay.
Be considerate and respectful with the place.
If any issues arise during your stay contact your host as they will be the best person to help you. If your host can't solve the problem, please contact us.
5. LEAVE A REVIEW
Please remember to leave a review after your stay is finished. This will help other future guests and fellow students make their decision easier. Your host (and all of us here at BEDDSI) will also thank you for it.
Do you still have questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page
FIND A BED ROOM NOW!
THINGS YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT DO
Please behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place.
Don't do any of these things on this site:
- Don't take any action that infringes or violates other people's rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don't lie to people. Don't post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
- Don't do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don't offer prohibited items. Don't offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of Bedssi's policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don't victimise anyone. Don't do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortuous, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person's privacy.
- Don't spam. Don't distribute unsolicited advertising or promotional material through our system.
- Don't try to interfere with the proper workings of the services.
- Don't bypass any measures put in place by BEDSSI.
- Don't try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Bedssi or another party.
- Don't take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or on any of our users (We reserve the right to determine what's reasonable.)
- Don't abuse other users' personal information (this becomes available after a booking has been confirmed).
Why Bedssi? Beds for Students International.
Pronounced "bedsi" or "bedsy"