USER CONFIDENCE IS OUR PRIORITY
Trust, peace of mind and satisfaction within our community is at the core of our business.
This is why we have simple but strict verification steps.
This will also give you a tool to make a decision as you will be able to check the other user's profile.
This allows you to take informed decisions.
Verifications minimise the risk of having negative experiences.
BY completing and verifying your profiles you will also open a communication channel
- If you are a host you will be able to read who is going to stay in your room
- If you are a student/guest you will be able to check who is your host.
- You will be able to communicate with each other and ask as many questions as you want.
That being said we encourage you to use common sense and due diligence before confirming your booking.
Bedssi provides you with the following tools and steps to screen your potential hosts/guests without even speaking to them directly.
Stage 1 – Detailed Profiles - the basics
- Phone numbers and email addresses are verified during the profile set-up process.
- We also call every host.
We strongly encourage ALL USERS (hosts and guests) to:
- Fill out the description field in detail (like writing about themselves, their goals, their achievements, hobbies and passions) list schools, universities and workplaces they've attended. Details like these help people get familiar with each other before a their trip. Guest will also know if there are things they could not live with. For example:
- If the guest is allergic to cats and there are cats in the house. or
- if the host is vegan and would not like the guest cooking meat in their kitchen
- If the host enjoys having people over on a regular basis and enjoys a very social setting. They would perhaps prefer a guest that enjoys a similar setting and not a guest that is very private and enjoys a quiet space.
- Add profile photos and video (this can be easily done with your mobile phone).
Always review the profiles of other users. In here you can pick up additional information on age, vocation, and general information.
This should give you a good general grasp of the person you will be dealing with.
Stage 2 – Social Media (Your social connections)
We require all our users to link one of their profiles to social media platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Link your Facebook and Bedssi profiles and see how you're connected to the rest of the Bedssi community.
- Social media connections not only confirm a real online identity, but it also shows a certain level of technological adoption.
- One of the greatest benefits of social media is the development of online reputations. Users link to their Facebook and LinkedIn accounts and create a permanent online identity. This removes user anonymity and the behaviours that emerge when there is a lack of personal recourse.
- Here at Bedssi all users are looking to build a good reputation therefore (in the majority of the cases) users will behave appropriately and help each other to receive positive reviews.
Stage 3 – ID Verification
- All members of Bedssi have the option of taking a picture of a photo ID (drivers license or passport photo page) or uploading bills (i.e. gas, electricity, water) to verify their identity and proof of address (for hosts).
- In the unlikely case that something goes wrong, a Bedssi employee will be able to locate the user.
Stage 3.2 - Host verification
Hosts are able to upload "police Check" document.
- Their listings and profiles will be clearly marked as "Verified & Police Check"
- IF no police check is uploaded the listing will simply be marked as "Verified" ( ).
This symbol links each user to a physical address (hosts) and ID number.
- There are two types of hosts: Individual person and Businesses.
Users will be able to check the type of hosts managing the room.
Payment processes are different between the two types of hosts.
You will be able to read more in the FAQ page(Guest Information section - 8 point)
- HOSTS: hosts also need to provide bank account details
Stage 4 – Reviews - have your say
People on Bedssi are encouraged to actively review each other after the booking has finalised.
- You can only review someone you've hosted or stayed with.
- Chances are that one of your friends is connected to the other person via social media. This means you will be able to request a personal reference from your friends.
Stage 5 – Security Deposit and Rental Agreement
- Bedssi strongly encourages users to sign a
written rental agreement/contract.
- Many hosts will also request that a security rental deposit or bond is paid at the time of checking in (this is normal practice in Australia).
Please note Bedssi does not deal with bonds. This amount will be paid on arrival and directly to the host.
This is not calculated within the amount paid when making the booking.
- This will protect both guest and host in case something goes wrong. We suggest this is done within the first 24 hours of the stay.
Stage 6 – Flag suspicious activity
Bedssi users can also help ensure the peace of mind of the community by flagging activity they feel is suspicious or inappropriate.
- We investigate each flag on a case-by-case basis and follow up as appropriate.
- You will see an icon with a small flag ( )in the message centre and in the user profile pages.
- DO NOT Contact your host outside our system.
- DO NOT pay outside our system for your protection. We accept all major credit cards or PayPal.
- We DO NOT accept bank transfers.
If you notice anything suspicious, or you receive communications related to any of these two points, let us know immediately.
We will then investigate the case.
We will not be able to track and follow up anything if communication and/or payments occur outside of the Bedssi system.
Stage 7 –Leave/Receive Detailed Instructions
Before any trip:
The more written instructions you leave for your guests the better. This is a small amount of work to save you a lot of time and hassle in the long term! This way guests won't have to call you every time they have a question. We recommend including the following:
- Information on how to operate all the remote controls, as well as login/password details for your Internet connection.
- Instructions on how to operate the dishwasher, washing machine, clothes dryer, stove, heating and air conditioning system, and any security system.
- Explain where the trash and recycling should be taken.
- Point out local rules about parking.
- Provide a list of local grocery stores, gas stations, shopping malls, recommended restaurants and closest public transport (bus/train/ferry/tram).
- List of emergency numbers/addresses for Police/Fire/Ambulance/Floods & storms assistance.
Request the above information before your departure. In this way you will have enough information to have a pleasant arrival and stay.
THINGS YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT DO
Please also behave responsibly and help keep this a nice place.
Do NOT do any of these things on this site:
- Don't take any action that infringes or violates other people's rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don't lie to people. Don't post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
- Don't do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don't offer prohibited items. Don't offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of Bedssi's policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don't victimize anyone. Don't do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortuous, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person's privacy.
- Don't spam. Don't distribute unsolicited advertising or promotional material through our system.
- Don't try to interfere with the proper workings of the services.
- Don't bypass any measures put in place by Bedssi.
- Don't try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Bedssi or another party.
- Don't take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or on any of our users (We reserve the right to determine what's reasonable.)
- Don't abuse other users' personal information (this becomes available after a booking has been confirmed).